- Use this page to discuss design and content changes to the main page. For general wiki discussion, please visit the Community Portal or Forums.
Main Page Layout Edit
- I'm not so sure I like this layout better. Then again, I'm not attached to my layout either, as I agree it was not totally attractive.
- I think it would be better if we organized this by game rather than by category (i.e. characters, enemies, genes, etc.), because the items, characters et al. are different across all games.
- Rather than have us constantly re-edit the main page, I'm going to set up a Sandbox on my User profile to try some stuff out. I'd love to get your input as well. Maybe you can set up a sandbox on your page, and we can each make edits and changes until we come up with something that really works. Then we can update the Main Page with that change.
- See User:FFXI-Mierin/Sandbox
--FFXI-Mierin 14:22, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
I've always liked out Fallout did their page, with portals to the individual games: Fallout Wiki
--FFXI-Mierin 14:56, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
That actually sounds perfect... I was trying all night to think of a logical way to organize the front page... but trying to work with the current layout was a brick wall that I couldn't figure out. We should have a dedicated sandbox somewhere on the wiki specifically for this thing. It's probably better to use that, since I seem to recall that there were some problems with the sidebars when they're put into a non-main page. Er, I guess we could just work with the left side columns. That should work fine, since that's the part that needs improvement. Let's see what we can come up with. I took a look at Fallout's wiki, and I agree that their method of splitting it up into games is very likely the most efficient way we have to sort out the games for our wiki. I was originally getting inspiration from Zeldapedia, but their model has to span tons of games. In hindsight, it wasn't the best choice, but I was desperate to get rid of the eyesore that the main page was before :) --InfinityX 15:22, April 6, 2012 (UTC)